Home furnishings is one of the fastest-growing industries in the US. So what does that mean for you as a job seeker? Plenty! In fact, according to The Home Furnishings Industry Assoc., there are currently over two million jobs available in the home furnishings industry. In this guide, we will take a look at some of the most in-demand job titles in the home furnishings industry and break down what you need to do to land one of these coveted positions. From preparing your resume to knowing which companies to email, this guide has it all. So read on and get ready to make your mark in the home furnishings industry!
What is the Home Furnishings Industry?
Home furnishings refer to everything from beds and couches to lamps and curtains. They are a key part of any home, and as such, the industry is worth billions of dollars. Home furnishing retailers sell everything from individual items like lamps and rugs to complete home sets.
What Kind of Jobs Are Available in the Home Furnishings Industry?
The home furnishings industry is a large and growing sector of the economy with many opportunities for people with a variety of skills and backgrounds. The following are some of the most common jobs in the home furnishings industry:
- Designer: A designer in the home furnishings industry creates custom-made furniture, decorations, and other fixtures.
- Distributor: A distributor in the home furnishings industry sells products to stores, direct to consumers, or through online sales.
- Manufacturer: A manufacturer in the home furnishings industry produces finished goods, such as furniture, accessories, or decorating materials.
How Many Jobs Are Related to Home Furnishings?
The variety of jobs in the home furnishing industry reflects the wide assortment of products available. Like:
- Retail sales positions may involve customer service or product knowledge; others may require setting up displays or helping customers select items.
- Manufacturing jobs may require sewing and cutting fabric or assembling furniture.
- Design positions may involve drawing concepts or designing patterns for garments or fabrics.
- Service jobs may require cleaning or working with customers to troubleshoot problems with products.
- Repair jobs may include repairing broken furniture or Ding-Dongs (a type of artificial limb).
The Average Salary for a Home Furnishings Worker in 2022
The average salary for a home furnishings worker in 2017 was $24,960, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This is a decrease from the 2016 figure of $25,310.
The Best Cities to Work in the Home Furnishings Industry
There are many jobs available in the home furnishings industry. It can be a great way to start your own business, or to work for an established company. Here are some of the best cities to work in this industry:
1. Chicago – Chicago is a major city with plenty of job opportunities, and it’s also a very cosmopolitan place. There are lots of big companies based in Chicago, as well as smaller businesses that can give you lots of opportunity for advancement.
2. Los Angeles – The city of angels is home to many large companies in the home furnishings industry, as well as smaller businesses that offer great opportunities for career growth. L.A. is also a very diverse city, which means there’s always something new to experience and learn.
3. New York City – New York City is one of the most famous and popular cities in the world, and it’s also home to a large number of businesses in the home furnishings industry. If you’re looking for a high-pressure environment with plenty of opportunity for career growth, then New York City is definitely worth considering.
4. Seattle – Seattle has been growing rapidly over the past few years, and this has led to increased competition for jobs in the home furnishings industry. However, Seattle is still one of the most livable cities in America, making it an ideal place to live and work.
How the home furnishing industry works?
The home furnishing industry is a large and diverse one, with many jobs available in the field. Here are six of the most common jobs in home furnishings:
1. Sales Representative
2. Interior Designer
3. Store Manager
4. Home Furnishings Dealer
5. Installation Crew
6. Product Development
The growth of the home furnishing industry
The home furnishing industry is one of the fastest-growing industries in the country. In 2016, job growth was expected to be around 17%. This means that there are a lot of opportunities available in this field. Some of the most popular jobs in home furnishings include sales representatives, managers, and designers.
If you want to pursue a career in home furnishings, you should start by looking for certification programs that will help you gain the skills you need. There are also a lot of online resources available to help you learn more about this industry. If you want to find a job in this field, it is important to research all of the options available to you.
Why Home Furnishings Are A Good Investment?
There are a variety of reasons why home furnishings are a good investment. By upgrading your home’s decor, you not only make your home more comfortable, but you also increase its value.
In addition, furnishing your home with high-quality pieces can offer you many years of enjoyment.
How to Sell Your Home Furnishings?
Given that home furnishings are often one of a homeowner’s largest investments, it’s important to know how to sell them if you decide to do so. Here are some tips:
– Begin by taking inventory of what’s available and make a list of what needs to be sold. This will help you determine what needs to be included in your sales pitch.
– Start by advertising your furniture items online and in local print publications. Use photos that show the items in their best light and mention any features or benefits that may make them appealing.
– Be prepared to offer a lower price than you think is fair, as people often overpay for furniture items. Set a starting point and then work from there.
– Serve as a consultant during the sale process, providing support such as picking up the buyer’s order or helping them move the furniture into their new home.
What are the job duties of a Home Furnishings Salesperson?
The Home Furnishings Salesperson is responsible for leading and managing sales activities within their assigned territory. They are also expected to provide customer service and support, educate customers on product features and benefits, and recommend appropriate purchases.
The job duties of a home furnishings salesperson typically include meeting with potential buyers to discuss their furniture needs, helping shoppers find the right pieces for their homes, and providing guidance on styling and installation. Salespersons may also be responsible for providing estimates for purchases and taking customer orders.
In addition, the Home Furnishings Salesperson must be proficient in both written and verbal communication, as well as have strong organizational skills.
What are the qualifications for a Home Furnishings Salesperson?
First and foremost, the salesperson must have a passion for selling furniture. They should be able to talk about the different types of furniture and what each piece can do for a room. They should also be knowledgeable about the warranties that furniture comes with and be able to advise customers on what type of warranty would work best for them.
Another important qualification is customer service skills. The salesperson should know how to take care of customers who are not happy with their purchase or who need help figuring out how to use the furniture they just bought. They should also be able to answer any questions that customers might have about the products they are looking at.
Finally, the salesperson should have good organizational skills. This means that they can keep track of their inventory, know when items are going back into production, and plan their sales presentations accordingly.
How to become a Home Furnishings Salesperson in 2022?
If you want to become a salesperson in this industry, here are some tips
1. Join an association. The best way to learn about the home furnishings industry and build relationships with other sales professionals is by joining an association. There are many associations available, so find one that is right for you and start attending meetings and networking events.
2. Master the art of presentation. When selling home furnishings, it’s important to present your products in the best possible light. This means knowing how to make a sale, create interest in your product, and showroom your merchandise properly.
3. Be creative and innovative. Home furnishings salespeople need to be creative thinkers who can see beyond the traditional products on the market today. Be open-minded when looking at new ideas for furnishing a room or designing a new collection of furniture.
4. Know your products inside and out. When selling home furnishings, it’s important to know everything about each product you’re selling – from its features and benefits to its history and origin story. This knowledge will give you an advantage when negotiating prices with customers and building trust between you and them.
3 thoughts on “How Many Jobs Are Available In Home Furnishings In 2022 | full guide”