AmazonSmile is the company’s charitable arm and it offers a few different ways for you to participate. In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of signing up for AmazonSmile and explain what it entails. From setting up your account to making your donations, we will cover everything you need to know so that you can start giving back to your favorite brands. ###
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a Smile-Based Shopping Initiative that lets you donate 0.5% of your eligible Amazon purchases to the charity of your choice. There are several ways to get started with AmazonSmile:
How to sign up for AmazonSmile
If you shop on Amazon.com, you can support your favorite charity at the same time! Amazon Smile is a program where you can designate a charitable organization to receive a portion of your purchase totals. You don’t have to do anything else – just sign in to your Amazon account, select “Settings,” and select “Amazon Smile.”
Then just follow these simple steps:
Choose which charity you want to support.
Donate any eligible items you’ve bought on Amazon within the past 180 days. (Items that are donated through this program qualify for free shipping.)
Enjoy shopping on Amazon as usual! Your purchases will automatically go towards supporting the chosen charity.
How AmazonSmile Works
AmazonSmile is an online charitable giving program that lets you support your favorite nonprofit organizations by shopping on Amazon.com.
When you shop on AmazonSmile, a portion of the purchase price of eligible items goes to your chosen charity. You don’t have to do anything special – just follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your Amazon account or create an account if you don’t already have one.
2. Go to smile.amazon.com and sign in. 3. In the “Charity Selection” section of the left-hand menu, select the charity you want to support and click “Sign Up.” 4. Follow the instructions on-screen to complete your donation.
5. When you’re done shopping, simply click “Thank You” below each item’s details to acknowledge your contribution and help promote social good!
Since its inception in 2006, AmazonSmile has donated more than $175 million to charities worldwide. With so much at stake, it’s important that you choose a charity wisely – we recommend checking out CharityWatch’s list of recommended organizations first (charitywatch.org). If you have any questions about participating in AmazonSmile, please feel free to reach out to us at amazon Smile [at] amazon [dot] com!
What are the Benefits of AmazonSmile?
When you shop on Amazon, you can choose to contribute 0.5% of your purchase price to a charity of your choice. Through AmazonSmile, you can do the same thing by choosing one of the participating charities.
Here’s how it works: after you create an AmazonSmile account and link it to your eligible Amazon account, every time you make a purchase on Amazon.com, Instant Video, Kindle Store, or Audible.com – no matter the price – we will add up all your purchases and donate 0.5% of the total to your chosen charity.
So far we have donated more than $160 million to over 1,500 charities through AmazonSmile. Here are just a few of the organizations that have benefited: American Red Cross; Alzheimer’s Association; Breast Cancer Research Foundation; Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals; Direct Relief; Doctors Without Borders; Earthjustice; Feeding America; Gay & Lesbian Community Services LA/Southern California Region; Greenpeace USA; Heifer International ; Humane Society of the United States ; Humane Society Worldwide Action Fund ; Institute for Global Health Solutions (IGHS); Joyful Heart Foundation ; Lumineers
Many more are waiting for their turn!
The benefits of using AmazonSmile include:
1) Supporting a good cause through shopping – every time you make a purchase on Amazon Smile, funds will be donated directly to your chosen charity.
2) No extra charges – all donations are done through the prices of your regular purchases, without any additional fees.
3) No minimum donation – you can donate any amount you want, even if you make only a small purchase on Amazon Smile.
4) Easy to use – simply sign in to your AmazonSmile account, link your eligible Amazon account, and start shopping.
5) Always updated – as new benefits are added to the program, we’ll let you know.
So far, AmazonSmile has donated more than $160 million to over 1,500 charities. Here are a few of the organizations that have benefited: American Red Cross; Alzheimer’s Association; Breast Cancer Research Foundation; Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals; Direct Relief; Doctors Without Borders; Earthjustice; Feeding America; Gay & Lesbian Community Services LA/Southern California Region; Greenpeace USA; Heifer International ; Humane Society of the United States ; Humane Society Worldwide Action Fund ; Institute for Global Health Solutions (IGHS); Joyful Heart Foundation ; Lumineers
Many more are waiting for their turn!
What are the Rules for Using AmazonSmile?
When shopping on Amazon, if you want to support the site but don’t want to spend extra money, consider registering for AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a donation platform that allows customers to donate a percentage of their purchases to a chosen charity. When you sign up, Amazon will give you an invite code which you can insert into your online shopping carts.
Here are the basic rules for using AmazonSmile:
1. Choose which charity you want to support. You can choose from over one hundred charities and contribute to as many as you like.
2. Choose how much money you want to donate each time you shop on Amazon. You can choose either $0.50, $1, or $5 per purchase, whichever amount is most comfortable for you.
3. When your shopping is complete, simply click the “Thank You” button at the bottom of the page and Amazon will take care of donating your purchase amount to your chosen charity.
4. If at any point during your shopping experience you decide that you no longer want to contribute to a given charity, simply click the “Unsubscribe” link located in the footer of every email that we send and we’ll remove your participation immediately.
If you shop on Amazon, then you know that they offer a few different ways to save on your purchases. One of these ways is through AmazonSmile, which lets you add a small donation to your purchase at no extra cost to you. In this article, we are going to walk you through the simple steps necessary to sign up for AmazonSmile and start donating back to charity!